Monday, August 4, 2008

Aman

I have found the next great chicken restaurant. Forget about California Chicken Cafe, Zankou, Koo Koo Roo, Kenny Rogers Roasters etc. Next to the hotel in Aman we discovered an amazing restaurant (i have no idea the name as my Arabic is rusty). Rotisserie chicken is one of my favorite things and I'm definitely going back to this place at least once more while I'm in town (Jamie doesn't think so but little does she know...HAHAHAHA)

Took the public bus from Petra to Aman and here there is no bus schedule. The bus leaves once it is filled up. So after sitting for an hour the driver got in and left. He left without honking or anything and there were people who got left with their stuff on board. Luckily or crazily whichever you prefer the bus driver went in a circle around the town Petra and went back to pick up the stragglers.

The ride was awful, hot air blowing at us thru open windows for 3 hours and cramped confines. The truck stop we went to was depressing but had cheap sodas and a 2 giant coolers filled with nothing but red bull.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Josh - you're nuts. I am jealous. Collect some good dusty books for me along the way. Love, Bridget

themissinglinke said...

sounds like a warm up for indian bus riding.

hot mama said...

Go back and get the recipe for the chicken. Let's create an empire. Colonel Josh's
Love you